2013 Goals -- 6 month check-up
|pic from http://www.stepfaniesdesk.com/|
6 months into this year, it's time to see how I'm doing!
- I'm setting my GoodReads 2013 goal to read 175 books.
I'm currently at 66 books read for 2013. That's about 20 books shy of the halfway point of 87 books where I should be, but #SummerThrowDown is coming up for the month of July. I also have a few trips coming up which means time to read in the plane/train/car!
- I plan on reading more non-fiction titles, as detailed here in my bookgap post.
Well, this is still certainly a struggle for me. I have read some non-fiction books this year and have quite a stack of Professional Development books I'm working my way through as well. I'm discovering I enjoy reading these applicable types of books rather than history or biographies.
- I'm going to try and post a "meatier" blog posting once a week...okay, maybe twice a month. This may be an actual book review (gasp!), a "what's going on in my library", or even a reflection.
I've had 72 blog posts so far this year (125 total in 2012). I'm trying to share more about what I do in my library. This is still a work in progress....
- Present at a conference (ILF? or bigger? I've never presented formally before at a conference, so I think it's time to step up to the plate.)
I'm scheduled to present with some super awesome librarians at 2 different conferences this fall! Both presentations will be on genrefication and the school library. I'm looking forward to sharing at both ILF (our state library convention) in Indianapolis and AASL (our national convention) in New Haven, CT.
- Run 850 miles (I ran 842 miles in 2012 and 730 miles in 2011)
My mileage total is only at 330 miles (yikes!), but I'm participating in a running streak (running at least a mile every day from Memorial Day to July 4th and may extend it to Labor Day!) AND my 16 weeks of marathon training begins next week. At the end of June last year I was at 369 miles so it's definitely still possible...
- Run a MARATHON! (Coming up January 19, 2013 in Charleston, SC)
Done and detailed in my post on Reading Teachers Running! I had so much fun, I'm going to run another one this October -- the Chicago Marathon!
I'm happy with my progress in 2013 and plan on pressing on!
“Far away there in the sunshine are my highest aspirations. I may not reach them, but I can look up and see their beauty, believe in them, and try to follow where they lead.”
― Louisa May Alcott
― Louisa May Alcott